It’s Thanksgiving and I’ve opened up the “help line” on my Facebook page. Someone posted “I told a woman in Whole Foods yesterday to check out your blog for the Caramelized Brussels Sprouts recipe. It’s so simple.”
It is, and here’s the recipe. In fact I just finished halving the blanched Brussels sprouts. We’ll be serving these on our table today. Happy Thanksgiving!
Caramelized Brussels Sprouts
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbs Fig Balsamic vinegar, or another good, aged balsamic
- Boil a large pot of water, add 1 tbs salt and Brussels sprouts. Cook 1 minute. They will still be crisp. Remove to ice bath, cool, drain and dry. Cut in half.
- Warm oil over medium-low heat in a 12” skillet. Add onion and leek and sauté until softened.
- Add blanched Brussels sprouts and cook over medium-low heat until Brussels sprouts turn brown and caramelize, 20-30 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and Fig Balsamic vinegar.