Tomato + cucumber salad with eggplant crisps
For eggplant crisps:
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut in 1/4” slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp Berbere spice
- 1/2 lemon
- Place eggplant on a paper towel-lined, rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle generously with salt. Let sit for 30 min. Pat dry with towels wiping off as much salt as possible. Brush with olive oil.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F. Place eggplant on a parchment lined sheet and bake until slices begin to crisp up in the center, about 25 min. Reduce heat to 225 and cook until crispy out to the edge. If any slices begin to get dark brown remove them to cool.
- Meanwhile, toss together salad ingredients. Season to taste with salt, pepper and a splash of lemon juice as needed.
- Serve eggplant crisps topped with salad