Thanks for asking.
Fennel has a light anise flavor that just tastes so darn fresh. Add crisp sweet apple and sharp radish. Toss with a tart, buttery lemon vinaigrette warmed with floral coriander. It’s a light start to a heavy meal. A bright compliment to a richly sauced main of chicken or pork. It’s an indulgent brunch paired with farm-fresh eggs and good bread spread with rich butter.
Fennel and Apple Salad
Dress this salad lightly to keep the flavors balanced.
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 apple, julienned
- 3-4 radishes, julienned
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- Olive oil – the good stuff!
- Mix together shallot, lemon juice, coriander and mustard. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Toss fennel, apple, radishes and parsley in a large bowl.
- In a steady stream, whisk olive oil into the lemon juice, shallot mixture.
- Lightly dress the salad to taste. Add an extra squeeze of lemon juice or pinch of salt if needed.