Bourbon Brown Sugar Strawberries with Vanilla Mascarpone Cream
I like simple recipes that taste anything but, and they don’t get any better – and easier – than when all the ingredients are in the title. Slice, macerate, whisk and enjoy!
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tbs bourbon
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup Mascarpone cheese
- Macerate strawberries: Toss the strawberries with the brown sugar and bourbon. Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes letting juices develop.
- Make whipped cream: In a medium bowl whisk strawberries to soft peaks.
- Add vanilla and Mascarpone and whisk to stiff peaks.
- Toss strawberries to coat with juices and serve topped with cream.