Beet, Carrot and Bosc Pear Slaw
- 1 large beet, peeled
- 1 large carrot, peeled if needed
- 2 Bosc pears
- 2-3 tbs chopped fresh cilantro
- 2-3 tbs chopped fresh spearmint
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup fig balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs honey
- 2/3 cup olive oil – the good stuff!
- Cut beets into 1/8″ thin slices. Stack and cut into thin matchsticks.* Repeat with carrot and pear. Combine in a large bowl with cilantro and mint.
- Place garlic on cutting board and sprinkle with coarse salt. With the flat edge of a chef’s knife, mash into a smooth paste. Place in a small bowl.
- Add vinegar and honey to garlic paste. Season with pepper and whisk to combine.
- Drizzle in oil in a smooth stream, while whisking, to form a creamy emulsion.
- Taste dressing with slaw ingredients and seasons to taste with additional vinegar and honey as needed.
- Dress slaw and let rest 5-10 minutes for flavors to combine.
*You can also grate the ingredients on a box grater.